You are here
MSDC: Workshop Guidelines
The Meis Student Development Center (MSDC) provides professional development opportunities to help prepare students to enter the work force. It is up to Catapult Faculty to determine how many events are required and what weight they hold in their syllabus.
Download a version of the MSDC calendar (PDF format, includes descriptions of the workshops and MSDC guidelines)
- Students are only able to attend workshops that correspond with their class level. Class levels are noted on the calendar
- Students will be denied entry into a workshop if they do not bring their student ID. If a student present’s another student’s ID as their own, they will be referred to student judicial at ISU. This is a serious violation of the student code.
- The Meis Center* has capacity for 30 people. Workshops tend to fill up quickly towards the end of the semester. Students should not wait until the last minute to meet their Catapult requirements. However keep in mind that if students are attending workshops toward the end of the semester, it is advised to arrive early. *Other venues (FD 223 and the Career Center) have their own capacity regulations.
- Students will not be admitted to workshops if they arrive more than 5 minutes past the start time.
- Most workshops are 50 minutes long; students need to be prepared to stay for the entire duration.
- It is expected that students will engage in professional, appropriate behavior during events – i.e. no cell phones– except for taking notes about the presentation, no talking, etc.
- We have no specific dress code requirements, except to “invitation only” events – i.e. Executive Dining Experience.
- Unless indicated on calendar, no advance registration required/accepted for our events.
- Laptops will be required this semester. We will be communicating the change to students but any help in spreading the word would be appreciated.
- All workshops will have a corresponding quiz that must be passed with a 7 or above or an activity to complete. Students will be informed of the requirements at the beginning of the workshop. We will also work on adding a list of requirements for each workshop on the Meis Center website.
Meis Student Development Center
ISU Career Center Liaison to the Scott College of Business