You are here
Key Scholarships Information
For students studying for a career in insurance and risk management or financial services only. Students selected for the Gongaware Scholarship will receive:
- Full in-state tuition for four years
- Professional Development Account ($3,000) to enhance professional growth
- Comprehensive professional development program, which is an experiential approach based upon problem-based learning
- International travel and study abroad opportunities
- Corporate, Staff, and Faculty mentoring throughout your four years
- Laptop computer through ISU laptop award scholarship
Total value of scholarship: $40,000 over 4 years.
Gongaware Scholarship Application Deadline: December 15
Stand Head and Shoulders Above the Rest
The Gongaware Center for Insurance and Financial Services provides four-year scholarships for qualified, incoming Indiana State University freshmen who choose to pursue a career in insurance and risk management or financial services. In its mission to prepare students for leadership roles in financial services careers, The Gongaware Center recognized that the best entry-level positions in the industry are available to our graduates, especially if they distinguish themselves through knowledge, skills, leadership abilities and hands-on experiences.
Careers in Insurance and Financial Services
If you choose to study insurance and risk management or financial services at Indiana State, what are your options for a career? For Gongaware Scholars, the world is their oyster. Our scholars and alumni have chosen from a variety of careers, such as accountant or CPA, business analyst, insurance broker, financial analyst, investment advisor, claims adjusters, actuaries, risk managers, underwriters, risk analysts and more.
Financial services was added as a major (and minor) in 2007. All Scott College of Business students complete a solid business core of courses in addition to courses in their selected major or majors. The major requires all students to complete an overview of financial services with specific course work in the areas of financial institutions (banking), investments, and insurance with a focus on ethical decision making. Your coursework along with the exceptional activities designed specifically for Gongaware Scholars, as part of the Networks Professional Development program, will help ensure you are prepared for a wide variety of career options.
Candidates must have two of the three following criteria to be eligible:
- Have at least 3.50/4.0 high school cumulative GPA
- Class rank in the top 15 percent
- SAT 1070 (combined critical reading and mathematics) or equivalent ACT score of 23
Candidates must also:
- Demonstrate leadership in high school and in the community
- Intend to prepare for a career in the insurance or financial services industry
- Participate in a scholar recruitment weekend if selected as a finalist
- Please make every effort to nominate students by the end of November by clicking the “Nominate a Student” button above.
- Eligible students need to apply to enroll at Indiana State University by December 1.
- Applications for the scholarship must be received by December 15.
For More Information
- Gongaware Scholarship brochure
- More about The Gongaware Center for Insurance and Financial Services
- Other insurance & Risk Management Scholarships (for returning students)
- Questions? Call us at 1-888-269-4460